Scandic Hotels has made a long-term leasing contract with Finavia’s subsidiary LAK Real Estate LCC regarding building and operating a new hotel at Helsinki-Vantaa airport.
The construction work of Scandic Helsinki Airport hotel will begin in January 2017 and the hotel will be opened in the first half of 2018. The new Scandic Helsinki Airport hotel is located just 100 meters away from terminal T2. The estate owned by LAK Real Estate PLC currently has office spaces among other things. After this extensive renovation, the building will be transformed into a modern Scandic concept hotel, which consists of the following:
- 150 comfortable hotel rooms
- five conference rooms, from which one of them can be shared into three separate meeting rooms
- two lounge areas
- three old Police cells, which have been preserved and transformed into quiet spaces
- an office and reception area with steel structure and two floors located at Valopiha
- a bar
- an À la carte restaurant
- a breakfast/lunch restaurant
- a new hotel kitchen with a cold room
- a new service lift for catering
On top of this a freezer and a cold room will be built on the yard. The personnel facilities will be built on the first floor of the building. Overall the hotel will be built on floors 3, 4, 5 and 7.
Premico Consulting LCC acts as the representative of the client and oversees the constructing the hotel.
The construction work of the hotel started in March 2017, and before that the users and movables of the building were relocated from a 3000-square meter area, to clear space for the construction project. This project was also handled by Premico Consulting.
For further information:
tel: 0400 620 166