Premico Apartments Oy
Aleksanterinkatu 11, FI-00100 Helsinki
(hereinafter “we” or “Premico”)
Contact person for register matters
Premico Group Oy / register matters, Essi Stolt
Aleksanterinkatu 11, FI-00100 Helsinki
Name of data register
LEASE APPLICANT REGISTER
What is the purpose and legal grounds for processing personal data?
The legal basis for the handling of personal data is our agreement with our clients, on which we have agreed to seek a suitable tenant for our clients’ rental apartments.
What data is processed?
In connection with the lease applicant register, we process the following personal information:
- Basic details about the data subject: name, Finnish personal identity code (if none, date of birth), customer number at a later date
- The data subject’s contact details : street address, postcode, city/town, telephone number, email address
- Identifying data on the data subject: native language, if unequivocal identification of a data subject is necessary for fulfilment of the rights and obligations of the data subject themselves or of the controller
- In the case of housing provided by an employer, data is collected on the company and the company’s contact person: business ID, contact person, the contact person’s telephone number and email address, signatory/authorised signatory, invoicing address, postcode, city/town and country.
- Other information voluntarily provided by the data subject themselves on the application form for the rental housing: pets (number and kind), number of children and date(s) of birth, the reasons for moving, whether the applicant or other potential residents smoke, work details for all applicants above the age of 18 (employer, profession/job title, form of employment (e.g. permanent, part-time), start date of employment, gross monthly income) or study details (institution, degree programme, start date of studies, estimated time of completion, gross monthly income), referee (their name, phone number and email address), and consent to check credit information.
- Persons looking for a rental apartment that is covered by the Housing Finance and Development Centre of Finland (ARA) will also be asked to provide the following information: Work telephone number; marital status; personal identity codes of all the other potential applicants (if applicable); certificate of pregnancy (if applicable); details relating to homelessness (if applicable) or migration; information on change of locality for work reasons (if applicable, in which the following must also be indicated: employer, start date of employment, address of the place of employment and its postal code and city/town); information on an owner-occupied residence in another locality, if applicable (including information on whether the owner-occupied dwelling in question is being leased or sold); details of a change of address for a reason other than work; living space (number of inhabitants, area of the apartment (in m2), type of dwelling and type of building, condition of the dwelling, possessory relation); applicant’s livelihood (current gross monthly income, capital gains income per year, other income per year, total income to be taken into account per year, assets, current market value of assets, student loan, home loan, other loans, total assets to be taken into account); income of spouse/common-law spouse/live-in partner, if applicable (current gross monthly income, capital income per year, other income per year, total income to be taken into account per year); income of other applicants, if applicable (current gross monthly income, capital income per year, other income per year, total income to be taken into account per year); owner-occupancy information, if applicable (type of dwelling, name of owner, property (company name, address and locality of the property, date of acquisition, size of property, size of dwelling, use of the dwelling, current sale value of the housing company unit or property); statement of other assets (total number of listed shares, other assets; to be specified); appendices to the application (pay statement for each wage earner moving into the dwelling; this is to be obtained from the employer and must indicate the person’s gross monthly income); tax certificates for all persons over the age of 18 moving into the dwelling; pension certificate, if applicable, indicating the amount; certificate of pregnancy if applicable; a student certificate, if applicable, for each student over the age of 18 moving into the dwelling; statement of the current market value of assets; debt statements from creditors; statement of the right of an immigrant applicant to reside in the country (copy of the person’s passport); certificate of daily unemployment benefit (if applicable)
All parts of the application form must be completed for a contractual relationship and/or customer relationship to be possible. Without the necessary personal data, we cannot provide the service.
Where do we get personal data from?
We get information primarily from registered ones themselves. In addition, personal data may be collected and updated for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement also from publicly available sources and from information received from authorities or other third parties on the basis of applicable law. Such updating of data is performed manually or by automatic means.
Automatic collection of personal data and cookies
The primary purpose of using cookies is to improve and customise visitor experiences on the site, and to analyse and improve site functionality and content. Data collected through cookies can also be used for targeting communication and marketing, and for optimising marketing actions. Visitors cannot be identified by cookies alone. However, information provided through cookies can, if necessary, be linked with any information that may be obtained from other users, for example when filling out a form on our website.
We automatically record the following data on visitors to our website:
- IP address and email server
- geographical details
- login time
- browser type and language
- operating system
- screen resolution
- last site visited before our site
We also collect data on how actively each visitor uses our site, for example on the pages visited, the keywords used, and whether the visitor’s device or browser has visited our site before. The data collected by cookies is stored on servers within the EU/EEA.
Premico uses services provided by Google Analytics. The service generates anonymous statistics on our users and processes cookie data in order to help us identify the number of visits, the number of users, the browsers visitors use, and the country, city, town or region from which a given visitor is using our website.
To whom and where is data disclosed and transferred outside the EU or EEA?
We use subcontractors to process the personal data collected. We use an outsourced IT service provider, to whom’s managed and protected server the personal data is collected.
Since we are looking for tenants for rented apartments on behalf of our clients, we will disclose information to the property owners we represent.
Otherwise, we do not disclose the personal data of our customers to third parties, except in the case of statutory provision or the service of Premico Group Oy and the companies in the same group at that time for purposes that are not inconsistent with the purposes of processing the aforementioned personal data or with debt collection issues. We will not disclose personal information outside the EU / EEA.
How do we protect personal data, and how long do we keep it for?
The use of our personal data system is restricted to employees of ours who are authorised to process customer data in order to carry out their work. Each user has their own usernames and passwords for the systems. The databases in which the collected data is stored are protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical means. Databases and backups are located in locked areas, and only certain pre-designated persons can access the data.
We store personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the data is used. The retention period specified by law is five years.
We regularly reassess the need for storing data based on the applicable legislation. In addition, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the register does not contain information the data subject that is incompatible, obsolete or incorrect with respect to the purposes for which the data is processed. We will rectify or destroy any such information without delay.
What are your rights as a data subject?
As a data subject, you have the right to inspect the data relating to you that is stored in the personal data register, and you have the right to demand correction or destruction of incorrect information if you have legal grounds for doing so. You also have the right to withdraw or modify your consent.
Under the GDPR, which comes into force on 25 May 2018, every data subject has the right to object to or request the restriction of processing of their own personal data, and to file a complaint against the processing of their personal data with the supervisory authority.
For specific personal reasons, data subjects also have the right to object to profiling and other processing actions affecting him or her, insofar as the processing of the data in question is based on our customer relationship with the data subject. In connection with your request, you will need to specify the particular situation on which your objection to processing of your personal data is based. We can refuse to apply to comply with your request only if there are legal grounds for doing so.
Who can I contact in this regard?
All contact and requests concerning this report must be made in writing or in person to the designated contact person specified above. According to the GDPR, every person has the right to check what information about them is stored in a data register. These requests for inspection cannot be made by telephone – they must be made in writing and signed by the data subject himself or herself. Written request for inspection should be sent to the address given in point 2. When submitting a request to inspect your personal data, please indicate your name, address, personal identity code and the scope of your request, i.e. whether you want to check for a particular item of personal data, or all the personal data, or data for a specific period of time.
Changes to the privacy statement
If we make changes to this data statement, they will be made visible in a statement, with the date of the changes specified. If the changes are significant, we can also inform you of these in some other way, such as by email or by posting a notice on our website. We recommend that you regularly visit our website and take note of any changes we may make to the privacy statement.
Updated; 27th August, 2018; the name of the register changed into Lease applicant register.
Updated: 8th December, 2020; Address of Premico Apartments changed.